Irish Genealogy and Irish Immigrant Research
Quick Link: IRISH GENEALOGY SLEUTH
Welcome to the Irish Genealogy Research Pages of the ProGenealogists Research Group! We hope that you will find helpful information for researching your Irish ancestry here on these pages. Irish family history research is an exciting, constantly evolving field. Irish research can be difficult but don't let anyone tell you it's impossible! It just requires creative strategies and different sources than other research. We love Irish research, and hope we can help you experience its fascinating nature. Our pages concern both the present-day Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, and research of both Irish Catholics and Irish Protestants. The diversity of Irish history makes Irish genealogy a rich exploration!
These pages are intended to help you access the latest Irish sources on the Internet and in archives worldwide, as well as guide you in commissioning the help of professionals with documenting your Irish ancestors. Irish genealogy research can be very successful and rewarding when you put the right tools and knowledge to work.
Sections of the Pages
There are five sections to our Irish Genealogy Research Pages, so you may select the area that best fits your interest in Irish family history:
1. Order Irish Research: Long-time Irish genealogy expert Kyle Betit leads a team of professional genealogists who use the resources at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, as well as archives throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, to compile family histories for our clients. This is where you can take full advantage of our skill and expertise to research your unique Irish family history!
2. Learn About Irish Genealogy: Here you can learn about some of the major Irish record sources, as well as find the addresses and Internet sites for Irish repositories. You can find out just what to expect from Irish genealogy research. Articles about Irish research are also available here.
3. Getting Help With Your Irish Family History: You can find answers here to questions such as:
How Do I Get Started?
What Do I Do Next?
What Records Are Available?
We also describe our various research services, including immigration research, research at the Family History Library in Irish records, on-site research in Ireland, and consultations (including our "Ask A Pro" service). The possibilities and limitations of Irish research are described here.
4. Resources Online: Many links to searchable databases relevant to your Irish research can be accessed on this page. There are also databases to search free for freeholders records and church records pertaining to your county or parish of interest in Ireland. Our Irish Genealogy Sleuth links page is in this section.
5. Search Irish Pages: You can search our Irish Pages for a particular subject, repository, name, or any other keyword you would like with the search field at the top right of the site.
Thank you for your interest in our Irish Pages. We would be pleased if we can help you with your Irish research. We welcome your feedback, suggestions, and comments. Best wishes on your journey to discover your Irish roots!