Delaware Genealogy Databases
There are some vital records, including births, baptisms, marriages, and deaths recorded for Delaware inhabitants from the 1680s. These have been indexed from marriage bonds, church and bible records, as well as newspaper notices. The Delaware State Archives holds births and deaths from 1881 and marriages from 1847. Delaware state law required births, marriages and deaths to be recorded from 1913. Current birth records (less than 72 years) and death records (less than 40 years) are closed to the general public for privacy reasons.
- Delaware State Birth Records 1861-1908
- Delaware State Birth Records 1800-1932 $
- Delaware Marriage Records 1744-1912 $
- Delaware Marriage Records 1806-1935 $
- Delaware Death Records 1811-1933 $
- Delaware Probate Records 1720s-1960s
- Delaware Obituaries 1980 to present $
(From Delaware Public Archives)
ProGenealogists can make photocopies of original records for those database sets that marked with a red X.
New Castle County