Alabama Genealogy Databases
Alabama law did not require the recording of birth or death certificates until 1908. Statewide marriage certificates begin in 1936 and divorce certificates begin in 1950. The Alabama Department of Archives and History has indexes to marriages and divorces.
ProGenealogists can make photocopies of original records for those database sets that marked with a red X.
- Alabama Births and Christenings 1881-1930
- Alabama Marriages 1816-1957
- Alabama Marriages to 1825$
- Alabama Marriages 1809-1920$
- Alabama Marriages 1800-1969$X
- Alabama Divorce Index 1950-1959 $
- Alabama Deaths 1908-1959 $ X
- Alabama Deaths 1908-1974
- Alabama Deaths and Burials 1881-1952
- Alabama 1820 State Census $
- Alabama 1850 State Census $
- Alabama 1855 State Census $
- Alabama 1866 State Census $
- Alabama 1867 Voter's List
- Alabama Cemeteries vol. 1, Southern States Mission GSU, 1946 (BYU)
- Alabama Cemeteries vol. 2, Southern States Mission GSU, 1956-1957 (BYU)
- Alabama Wills Index 1808-1870
- Alabama Historical Maps - David Rumsey Collection (large files)
- International Genealogical Index Batch Numbers for Alabama X - Ask for a free estimate
Autauga was created by the legislature on 21 Nov 1818 from Montgomery. Marriages from 1832. Land records from 1820. Probate records from 1824.
Baldwin was created by the Mississippi Territorial legislature on Dec. 21, 1809, from territory taken from Washington County and West Florida. Marriages from 1810. Birth and death records from 1884. Land and probate records from 1809.
Barbour County was created on 18 Dec 1832 from Creek Indian territory. Marriages from 1838. Birth and death records from 1881. Land and probate from 1832.
Blount County was created in 1818 from the Creek cession. Marriages from 1820. Land records from 1818. Probate records from 1829.
De Kalb County
De Kalb County was created in 1836 from the Cherokee cession. Marriages from 1836. Birth and death records from 1885. Land from 1836. Probate records from 1850.
Mobile County was created in 1812 from Mississippi Territory. Marriages from 1813. Birth from 1871. Death from 1820. Land and probate records from 1812. Some record loss in 1823, 1840, and 1872.